Welcome....

I'm All About Glam, Love to Stay Fit and Live to Be Healthy.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can A Woman's Ultimate Success on Her Weight Loss Goals Depend on Her Spouse's Support?


If your spouse doesn't support your weight loss goals does it translate into their level of support in other areas of your life?

In having this discussion in regards to my personal life, I found it was imperative to my success to have support from my family and friends; but, most importantly my significant other to achieve my weight loss goals.  Ultimately, I believe my success is his success because it is "OUR" success.
Most times when a person wants to take control of their health, it's because they're unhappy, received shocking health related news or realized they are unable to hop a fence or run as fast as in their younger years.

Sometimes, I would get frustrated when my friends would say "Why are you losing weight, you look fine?" Internally and Physically, I knew I wasn't healthy.  My weight was at its peak. My face had extreme discoloration and black circles.  I only sleep 4-5 hours a night, without fall I woke up at 2 am every night and wouldn't fall back asleep until 4am.  I didn't have daily bowels, it would be 4-5 days apart.  I had consistent colds, nausea, upset stomach and rashes.  I could never wear shirts tight around my waist because I had a protruding bloated belly.

Luckily, I had the support of my spouse.  In my process to living a healthy life, I discovered I am extremely lactose intolerant and I have a wheat intolerance.  I haven't suffered a cold or cough since March 2011. I went down 4 clothing sizes and my waist went down 8 inches!! I have an enormous amount of energy that has translated into my productivity at work.  I'm currently one of the top sales rep in my company.  I have the energy to dance for hours with my 4 year old and go on hikes with my 11 year old.  I work out 5 days a week and developed some amazing friendships with women just like me. 

Now my honey is even eating better.  The other day he texted me to say I should be proud of him because his opting to buy fruit instead of junk.  To create this blog was an inspiration from him. I don't think I would have continued this far without his support.  Just the other day, he told me he was proud of me because I said I was going to achieve my health goals and I did!

How does achieving your weight loss goals depend on the support of family, friends or your significant other? Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment