Welcome....

I'm All About Glam, Love to Stay Fit and Live to Be Healthy.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Working Out Doesn't Require A Gym? NOPE, I Told You Were Going To Have Fun

More than anyone I realize how mundane going to the gym can be when done DAILY!! However, working out is a part of a healthy lifestyle which doesn’t require you to spend endless hours at the gym. The key to staying fit is to stay moving.



During the summer, I love hikes and jogs. I mean, I live in southern California, it’s too beautiful to stay indoors with our amazing weather. I have two kiddo’s and we’ll take family strolls at least twice a week. I’m not talking 1 or 2 blocks. The kids and I will get in 3-4 mile walks. Our pool is heated, so year-round we’re in the water swimming laps. I’m teaching my children to stay active!

Lately, the most fun is with my 4 year old son. He loves to dance!! He’ll put on a music video, turn to me and say “Come on Mommy, let’s dance!” My son has the longest eye lashes and the most beautiful eyes, therefore I can’t resist. My son and I aren’t doing structured dance steps, we are jumping around and grooving without a care in the world. I just hope a neighbor never peeps in on us during our routines…ACKWARD!!

Don't underestimate a good shimmy (that's slang for dance, lol)!! How many weight transformations have we seen from participates on "Dancing with the Stars?" Ricki Lake lost 20 pounds, the actress and talk show host started the competition a size 8, she revealed at the end of the competition she lost 15 inches and was wearing a size 4!!

My point is, if I ever run into any of my readers, I don’t want to hear the excuse of I don’t work out because I don’t belong to a gym. At least 4 days a weeks, get in a 30 – 45 minute workout by dancing, following a fitness video, hiking, swimming, Pilates….SOMETHING.

Ok, here’s the fun part! These are my son’s two favorite videos. We dance to these everyday especially Maroon 5’s - Dance like Jagger. Pull out your inner Jagger and get your groove on, I bet you’ll increase your heart rate in a matter of seconds. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Rae Bailey, thank you so much for solving my big issue after sharing this amazing videos for fitness workouts .

    ReplyDelete