Welcome....

I'm All About Glam, Love to Stay Fit and Live to Be Healthy.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Are You Happy?


One thing I'm learning is to maintain my emotional health as well as my physical health.  Emotional health leads to success in various areas, such as relationships, marriage, career, completing goals and your overall health.  Just recently, I went through a serious mental battle in which I'm climbing through victorious.

I never realized when your lacking emotional balance/health the effects could be damaging to many parts of your life. I was lacking motivation to do every day activities like showering, brushing my teeth and eating.  Sounds like depression, huh?  I would agree.

It took a lot of soul searching, meditation and prayer to realize I'm surrounded by an abundance of  blessings.  I couldn't let one tragedy destroy everything I've worked to accomplish.  Plus, I have a handful of friends and family that consistently check on me, randomly pop up at my home and text throughout the day to say "I love you, Rae!" 

My point, physical health is important, eating healthy is non-negotiable yet feeding your soul with love and life's pleasure is essential!

I found this article on improving emotional health, take a look at this list of "must-haves" for those seeking emotional and mental health...

People who are mentally and emotionally healthy have:

  • A sense of contentment.
  • A zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun.
  • The ability to deal with stress and bounce back from adversity.
  • A sense of meaning and purpose, in both their activities and their relationships.
  • The flexibility to learn new things and adapt to change.
  • A balance between work and play, rest and activity, etc.
  • The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships.
  • Self-confidence and high self-esteem.
via @ helpguide.org

2 comments:

  1. it's true, emotional health i think reflex our physical health. Atleast i know that is true for me. when I start to gain weight, i have to look at my life and see what is going on. when im not happy, i eat! I'm still trying to master a calm sense of being...its not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy, It's something I'm battling right now. What's odd is the fact that I thought I've overcame this. However, when my emotional health is unbalanced, I begin to over eat and reduce my activity at the gym. I'm trying to kick myself in the butt to get it together. I can handle a 5 pound weight gain but I refuse to get on the scale and see 10lbs.

    ReplyDelete